Re: USB audio

In a message dated 3/26/05 3:30:42 PM, dvidedevo@yahoo.com writes:

<< Still getting occasional glitching, maybe once every 3-4 minutes. >>

And all you are doing is playing a .wav file?
No other processes going on?
Then you shouldn't need anymore RAM I would think.

Sorry I don't know Windows, but for the Mac equivalent I would make sure
Virtual Memory (a memory saver) is turned off, and turn off any
unnecessary
program such as internet connection/mail/browsers, sleep settings and
energy savers,
network devices such as printers etc.

Check your audio preferences and increase buffer size.

What cycles at 3-4 minutes? Refrigerators? Anyway, external sources of
interference are worth considering.

I don't remember what your host program is but it is sometimes worth
trying
different programs and rule out software issues.

BobC

http://www.cdbaby.com/rpcollier
http://trundlebox.iuma.com
http://tinyurl.com/yuru7