Re: basic loop equipment

--- Dan Mayfield <contact@danmayfield.com> wrote:
> I think a basic 4 track recorder like a
> Tascam/Fostex etc.. would serve your
> needs better than a looper.

How so? The original post was a request for more
information about pedal-based loopers for practicing
lead lines over a repeating 12 bar pattern. She said
nothing about wanting to overdub multiple tracks or
keep a finished recording, and I would imagine she'd
prefer to get the background pattern happening by
playing it once without having to remove her fingers
from the strings rather than filling the tape with 45
minutes of I-IV-V or rewinding at the end of every
twelve bars.

> Or maybe you
> play solos while you son plays 12 bar and then
> change round.

There's a lot to be said in favor of THAT too! :)

-t-