Re: AC adaptors (OT)

Argh,

I have similar questions about AC adapters and those "all-in-one"
power units. I have a number of pedals with a variety of requirements.
7.5 volts, 9 volts, 12 volts, 18 volts and with different polarities (+/-).
Frankly I am a little reluctant to trust these things with anything
other than Boss pedals which are ALL 9 volt and the same polarity.

I have an SKB PS-100 pedalboard that's got an internal power supply
that works well with Boss stuff and a couple of other brands. But, I
am more than a little reluctant to plug it in to some of my weirder
"boutique" or "vintage" pedals for fear it might do damage to
something that's darn near irreplaceable these days.

Maybe I'm fearful for no reason. Some of this stuff is pretty rugged
and might survive a trial-and-error approach to seeing if a 3rd-
party power supply would work or not. Without having some original
manuals and stuff it's hard to tell.

I know it's probably not practical for a lot of reasons, but I sure wish
more stuff came with internal power like my EDP does.

Best regards,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

"Different is not always better, but better is always different"

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
http://www.garageband.com/artist/ArsOcarina
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2845073
http://www.netmusic.com/web/album.aspx?a_id=CBNM_17314

and Viztas. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Blah, blah, blah. So???

"Just because nobody understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."