Re: running two amps at once

Title: Re: running two amps at once
At 4:57 PM +0000 3/20/05, Andy Morris wrote:

I'm well aware that an a/b switch is necessary in order to drive two amplifiers at once.

This is not strictly true. You can drive multiple amplifiers simply by splitting the signal and routing each leg of the signal to a different amp. All the A/B switch does is to allow you to switch between two amplifiers in a convenient manner, so rather than an A/B switch allowing you to drive two amplifiers at once, it really allows you to drive two amplifiers in alternation.

What I am curious about is whether it is possible for me to send the loop signal from my boomerang to a smaller 2x12 amp while at the same time using my 4x10 to drive my lead signal.

Of course. Just split the guitar signal and send one leg to the Boomerang and the other to the 4x0. Then patch the output of the Boomerang directly to the 2x12.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://salamandersongs.com