Re: OT - Saint Paddy's Day Greetings!

Many sincere apologies!

In my usual lunk-headed, Amero-central way I forgot that there are
folks in the world that don't particularly like the Irish. The last thing
in the world I ever imagined my e-mail greeting would ever raise was
real "ire" (of the wrong, negative sort, and yes -- pun fully intended).

I am just the sort who is as likely send out a Cinco de Mayo greeting
on May the 5th -- even though I am not even a speck Hispanic or,
specifically, Mexican (though I went to college in Mexico) -- or a Yom
Kippur or a Chinese New Year greeting as anything else. I am neither
Jewish or Chinese if you must know.

I am probably only a little bit Irish. I've got as much Welsh, Scott,
English and German DNA in me (for that matter) as I do Irish --
possibly more. I am an American, so it almost goes without  saying
that I am (in dog parlance) a complete mutt and a mongrel . . . both
ethnically and culturally. I'm probably part Samoan and Eskimo
too (for all I know or care). Nothing is my own and everything is
my own. Today, March 17th, I am Irish. In the US it's usually good
enough.

I am not Catholic -- so maybe I should wear orange instead. But, I don't
go in for the internecine political conflict part. In America it is easy to
be unaware of it. Today I'll just eat corned beef  and cabbage (actually
an Irish American immigrant tradition) look for rainbows and 4-leaf
clovers, and tell my wife "Kiss me I'm Irish" . . . wear green and attempt
(badly) to speak in a brogue worthy of some naif breakfast cereal
commercial.

I may even knock back a Guinness -- though I really should watch
my weight. Drinking a bottle of that stuff is like drinking a whole huge
dark loaf of bread. Heheheh. Once a year and I'm good.

Anyway, I am really sorry that offense was taken . . . none (surely) was
meant by my attempt to inject humor and a little color into our e-mail
in-boxes today. I guess since the Northern Irish conflict has been out
of the headlines in America, we tend to forget it's there. I'm not sure if
that is where you're coming from but I am sorry nonetheless.

Best regards,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

"Different is not always better, but better is always different"

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
http://www.garageband.com/artist/ArsOcarina
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2845073
http://www.netmusic.com/web/album.aspx?a_id=CBNM_17314

and Viztas. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Blah, blah, blah. So???

"Just because nobody understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."