Re: READING?

In a message dated 3/11/05 11:05:00 AM, Nemoguitt@aol.com writes:

<< i regret to say that i have not read a SCI FI
book that i have enjoyed for the longest time >>

Funny to see all the sci fi mentions from loopers, I have been a huge fan
since the 60's when I had subscriptions to several of the old mags like
Galaxy
etc.

A near classic one well worth checking out is Hyperion by Dan Simmons.
A more recent one I stumbled upon in the library and thoroughly enjoyed
was
Wheelers by Ian Stewart and Jack Cohen, a nicely paced romp imagining
inhabitants of Jupiter and with Buddhists in control of mining the
asteroid belt!

Books by my bed:
Timescale  by Nigel Calder
Audio Culture  edited by Cox and Warner
Musical Instrument Design  by Bart Hopkin

BobC

http://www.cdbaby.com/rpcollier
http://trundlebox.iuma.com
http://tinyurl.com/yuru7