Noob saxist feedback question

Hi All,
I've been perusing the site and the Archives for awhile now,
but have recently gotten a Boomerang, and have joined the
ranks of wanna-be loopers!

I am having a lot of fun! However, as an strictly acoustic
(saxophone) musician for most of my life, it is a BIG change
to have to ponder with the realities of dealing directly with
the electronic reproduction of sound. Please be patient if I
ask questions that are staggeringly obvious!

Here's my first problem:
When looping live with other players, is there any way to
diminish/control the amount of extraneous noise from other
instruments and monitors onstage building up in my loops?

Thanks,
Tom Hall
www.freeimprovisation.com