DIY foot controller help

The EDP pedal buillding goes on.

I have got all the parts assembled them and got both the record and
overdub
buttons working fine. the connections seem solid because all the rest of
the
buttons seem to ALSO PRODUCE THE OVERDUB COMMAND!!!!

yikes!!

I have followed all the advice i have reicieved except that i couldnt find
the correct  wire and i am using copper speaker wire instead would this
make
such a specific differance considering all the buttons work etc?

could someone help, kim, andy?

Phill Wilson

Express yourself with cool new emoticons
http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/myemo