Keystroke translator

Hi
I am looking for a small software that can transform keystrokes into other
keystrokes, while running in the background.
I have a usb notepad on my main keyboard that I use for Cubase and Reason,
but Reason won't let you configure most of the key shortcuts.
Such a program would be quite useful as my laptop is not very easy to reach
in my studio.
I got the Bome midi translator, which is already quite handy, as it can
transform midi into keystrokes, but a keystroke to keystroke translator
would be brilliant.
Cheers