Re: Improvisation Ears, Styles, and chops was RE: Loop Jams vs. Jazz Jams

  I consider any music style based on 12 tone chromatic scale,and
temepered
tuning to be one language,and all the subsets to be different dialects or
accents,but the words and esp grammer are essentially the same. 5 moving
1 is essntially the same in this sense wether played by  a string
quartet,a
pedal steel or a screaming guitar.Each may be telling a different
story,but
the basics of the language are the same. Since I know the basic language I
can play with people playing any of these styles,though not necessarily
well.But try jamming with someone who plays Peking Opera.

Different musical genres (Rock, Jazz, Classical) are life
different musical languages,