Re: Re: RE: ugly racks of gear

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Jeff Evans wrote:

> > I have seen a performer stop playing his synth in an improv keybord
> > duo in
> > order to answer his phone, listen to voicemail, and send a text-message
> > back. My attitude at the time was that if the call is that important,
> > take
> > 5.
> >

> Maybe it was an artistic statement on the 24/7, invasive accessibility
> in today's culture.
> I say that as a joke (knowing it very well might not have been).
> Cheers,
> Jeff

I will claim I know the performer I am speaking of well enough that, in
the case I personally witnessed and mentioned above, it wasn't an
intentional statement by the performer in question. But that was a good
guess :).

(If I ever do something like that as an artistic statement, I'd probably
have the cellphone jacked into the PA and prearrange at least one call.
Hmm. Thanks for the idea!)

Steve B
Phasmatodea    http://www.phasmatodea.net/
Subscape Annex http://www.subscapeannex.com/