RE: Sit or Stand? -from a keyboardist/fx-guy

-----Original Message-----
From: Kim Flint [mailto:kflint@loopers-delight.com]
Sent: 21. februar 2005 07:32
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Sit or Stand? Guitarist and Bassists only

--- Let the audience see you. Let them
see you push the buttons and turn the knobs. Let them see the blinky
lights
instead of the back. Hide the cables. It will really really help.

Yeah! That's what it's about. I'm not a guitar-player, but I use an fcb
and a stool when performing, so I guess this applies to me, as well.

I bought a Doepfer Schaltwerk sequencer a few years back, and that
machine has the most outstanding visual feedback I've seen since I've
started making electronica. With litterally hundreds of litlle LEDs that
light up when you play, this sucker is a very good reason to turn your
back on the audience; to let them know what you're doing, and you'll
look cool while doing it.
I also tend to take a step back whenever I've pulled off a particularly
difficult loop. It isn't something intentional, but I guess it
compliments the performance quite well.

Oh, and I stand most of the time. Especially keyboard/laptop dudes like
me tend to be sooo boring behind a screen. Yuck.

Andreas