Re: Sit or Stand? Guitarist and Bassists only

I guitar, and I always stand.

By chance, I spent this weekend again investigating if it was possible
to sit, play and loop, trying out the new Quik Lok "Musician's Seat",
and for me the answer was "not comfortably or effectively".  There's a
few gigs where it might be preferable to sit, so as to blend in more
with the back ground (art gallery or wine bar settings), but I find
that sitting compromises my playing, my comfort and makes it difficult
to operate the various foot controls.  The EDP controller is about six
inches too wide for me to comfortably and/or gracefully cover the
spread from Record the Next Loop with the leg my guitar isn't resting
on.  Wearing a strap short enough to lift the guitar off my right leg
looks super-dorky and is uncomfortable and leads to sitting with your
legs splayed in a less-than attractive manner.

I also think most guitarists look dorky sitting down.  Sitting is for
old men, drummers and keyboardists.