Re: Sit or Stand?  Guitarist and Bassists only

I almost always bring a sturdy stool to gigs. But, depending on
whether I'm feeling "extrovert" or "introvert" at the very moment
I take the stage I may wind up doing either. It all depends.

I always feel like I PLAY better sitting -- absolutely. However, I am
also aware that I look boring enough (as it is) when I play. So, the
very spectacle of me standing and drooling in the spotlight too
may have some compelling entertainment value for folks.

If I am backing a singer, poet, dance troupe or playing a supportive
role in an instrumental group I will sit and try to stay out of the
spotlight while attempting to execute my duties competently.

If I am doing a gig solo I may stand for part (or all) of it if my weak back
and my variable mood will allow me. I may not play as well but I'll
CONNECT with the audience better for some reason when I stand.

The above may not be true for everyone. But it's what I've found to
work for me after many years of being a stupid ass guitar player.

Best regards,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

"Different is not always better, but better is always different"

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
http://www.garageband.com/artist/ArsOcarina
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2845073
http://www.netmusic.com/web/album.aspx?a_id=CBNM_17314

and Viztas. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Blah, blah, blah. So???

"Just because nobody understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."