Korg Kaoss Pad 2

Hi all,
I am on the fence about getting this item.  I have played with them a
little and I know it would be a lot of fun, but I feel like if it only had
a FEW extra features it would be awesome.  As far as I'm concerned, they
could drop more than half of the cheesy reverbs and filters in this thing
and make room for MIDI-synced (or even BPM-synced) sample triggering and
overdubbing of samples, then I would get this in a second.  Anyone have any
words of wisdom?
Rafael