Re: electronics question for the tech-heads.

If I was you, I'd contact Reeves Gabrel through his website

  and see if he can provide any info on how his GK and sustainer
equipped Fly was wired up.  He seems to be a helpful sort if you don't
go all fanboy on him.  There's also at least one person on the
Steinberger yahoo list who has retrofitted a GK and a sustainer into
the same guitar.