From: Mech [mailto:mech@m3ch.net]
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 10:36 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Alesis Akira/Grip and Sub-Bass (was RE: Ineko for sale?)

At 08:43 AM 2/8/2005, Krispen Hartung wrote:
>Speaking of sub-sonics, the Akira has a sub-bass patch that I use for
>bass simulation....but is is savage and almost impossible to controll.
>If I put it before any effect, it redlines it, if I put it after, it
>redlines the board, just by applying the super low frequencies.  It is
>a wonderful sound, and the last I used it live, I was able to really
>move the earth, even with my acoustic guitar.  Basically, I'm going to
>dedicate one of my compressors just to the output of this unit.

Have you looked at the Alesis Grip?  I haven't played with one myself,
in looking through the manual it seems to be a dedicated unit built
around the same sub-bass algorithm as the Akira.  It does have quite a
more controllability, however.  Might be worth checking out if you're
so crazy about dedicating your Akira plus one of your compressors solely
managing your bass frequencies.

"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"