Re: THE BEST CHEAP RECORDING SOLUTION

ok - since someone else hit 250, I submit the 20GB hardddrive based
portable mp3 player with recording capability:

http://www.neurosaudio.com/store/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=DigitalInnovationsCatalog&category%5Fname=Neuros+Players&product%5Fid=4010301

(link might be wrapped)

No first hand experience with it myself, but the specs are interesting.
It will record either MP3 or WAV (in stereo) (they also sell a portable
stereo mic preamp and mic unit).