Re: Yet another new free VST looper

At 10:50 PM +0100 2/6/05, Per Boysen wrote:

>wasn't the the Fairlight and the Synclavier systems introduced by
>the early eighties?

Fairlight was founded in 1975 and released its first instrument, the
Fairlight Computer Musical Instrument (CMI) in 1979.

New England Digital was founded in the mid-1970s and released its
first instrument, the Synclavier, in 1977. This was based on the
Dartmouth Digital Synthesizer, which was designed by Sydney Alonso
and Cameron Jones at Dartmouth College in 1976. Jon Appleton was very
much involved in the original designs and promotion and was a strong
advocate for the Synclavier's performance orientation. I saw him
demonstrate it at the AES convention in Los Angeles in 1978. It was
quite an improvement over the mainframe systems I'd encountered in
university environments!

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com