Re: Line 6 -DL4 or Boss DD-20 or?

> I have in the past used 2 revox(es) to achieve frippertronic/terry
> riley type improvisations. I'm tempted to go for the DL-4, (sounds good
> from what I've seen written about it), but what is the other serious
> competition, I see the Boss DD-20 boasts 23 sec. delay time w/ sound on
> sound fx,. Is there anything else I should consider before I buy?

IMO the DL4 is a most interesting delay and a great *vanilla* looper. In
other words the looping is pretty straightforward and simple without a lot
of extra things in it. There is a short delay insdie the looper which can
add some effect but otherwise it's a simple loop, reverse, 1/2 speed
machine all easily available in realtime with nice big stomps switches.

I looked at the newer boss loopers and if I'm not mistaken you can't
reverse on the fly without a third extrenal pedal. Don't know what other
features they offer.

The real question you need ot ask is do you want a simple loop box or do
you want something to mess up the sound on the fly inside the box once
it's there. For me, there is no better *simple* and convenient loops box
than the DL4. it's entirely self contained and a battery run floor unit so
you don't need *anything* lese to loop. plus it's got some crazy delays in
there as well so you can use it for many, MANY other things outside of
looping.

HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.HelpWantedProductions.com
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.