Argh, now I have an edp problem

Ok guys I know this is getting to be like  a repetitive strain injury but
need a bit of help

I have been using my EDP as normal not excessivly and not in storage for a
long time,

i turned it on a couple of days ago and all of a sudden there is a
noise on any sound that is recorded. the dry signal is clean and if i
silence that does not break the limiter threshold the sound is pretty
(still a little louder thn I remeber) but as soon as I play a note or
whatever there is a crackle introduced to the recording, this gets more
prominant with each repeat.

I have opened the unit and removed the loop 4 chips odd and even  and the
boards of ram that my edp has.

alas to no avail, im thinking it must be the anologue to digtal converter,
dont know what to do next, ive got shows coming up so there is a timeframe
in which i would like to get stuff up and running again

PLEASE PLEASE HELP, I need you guys.

hope you can shed some light.

Phill Wilson

Express yourself with cool new emoticons