Re: 60 cycle hum in racks - stopping the insanity / share your magic

Actually this isn't really true. Most of the time I don't play in
environments
that would cause me to become the ground conduit. I'm not a guitar
player
either, so I'm not holding a ground lead in my hand while I'm plugged
into
a notoriously badly wired device (a guitar amp). Most of the time I'm
pretty
safe in the studio or at gigs in pretty controlled environments (no
poolside
gigs or those behind cages designed to fend off thrown bottles).

Granted I played one gig, where the performance space was in the
basement
of a coffee shop. At one point I noticed that a pipe above my head was
dripping
dangerously close to my equipment, so I guess I might have been in
danger there.