FCB expression pedal to edp problem

I have been putting off learning this for a while, as i new it would be
a strain!
I have searched the achives and can't find the answer in there having
tried' fcb1010' 'fcb expression' etc.
the problem I am having is getting the expression pedal of the fcb to
control the feedback of the edp.

I have checked with my computer that the fcb is sending controller 1
value range 0-127 on channel 6 (using a max midi monitor)
My edp is set to receive on midi channel 6 the feedbkcontrol is set to
a value of one, I have checked that when I plug the echoplex into
computer moving the feedback knob send a  controller 1 value range
0-127 on channel 6
So they are the same so why then when I move the expression pedal on
the fcb it sets the feedback on the edp to 0 no matter where I move it.
I programmed the the fcb by pressing button one so it lights up,
holding down 'down' for 2.5 secs, pressing up to avoid switches,
lighting switch 8 for expression pedal A so it flashes, pressing enter,
setting a value of 1 (as for feedback) pressing enter, setting low
range to 0 press enter, and high range to 127 press enter and then
leaving.

So what have I done wrong as if I plug fcb into computer its sending
0-126 on cc 1 midi channel 6.
Please help as i am totally confused
geoff

p.s. I have programmed all the footswitches to control edp parameters
with no problems.