Re: Parameter Footswitch for EDP

At 01:28 AM 1/24/2005, Bernhard Wagner wrote:
>I own a blackface EDP and would like to add a Parameter Button to my
>Pedal.
>I managed to reconstruct all functions
>Record Overdub Multiply Insert Mute Undo NextLoop
>with the help of:
>http://loopersdelight.com/tools/echoplex/echopedals.html
>
>except Parameters.
>
>I tried both 28.0k and 33.2k and also some tweaking with a potentiometer
>but
>didn't get it to work reliably. Often I'd get Overdub instead of
>Parameters.
>
>Has anyone succeeded?

Hi Bernhard-
I think you shouldn't bother spending more time on that. It doesn't work
reliably. A couple of people tried to get it to work in the past, but
could
never get it. We designed the possibility in to the Echoplex from the
beginning, but since it wasn't a real feature of the product it was never
really tested.

Isn't there some company that makes single function midi pedals, with just
one switch? Maybe you could get something like that to send the command
for
the parameter button. Or use presets and a midi pedal to send the program
changes.

kim