Re: AW: CFC Speeds for Repeater

Hi Dan,

Are you saying you can drag loops from the computer to the CFC with no
problem?  Is that pre-existing repeater loops, or have you been able to
load audio files in somehow?  I've been under the impression that it
was an easy thing to copy loops off of Repeater CFCs, but that it was
basically impossible to say take wav files from Pro Tools, load them
onto a Repeater CFC and have it recognize them.  I remember something
somewhere about how such files would have to exactly replace existing
Repeater files or something. (???)

-Tom

On Jan 26, 2005, at 5:57 PM, Dan Ash wrote:

> I can't offer advice on the best deal - but my understanding is that
> you need to purchase a CFC with the Hitachi controller, and Pretec is
> charging a premium for it .  I recently paid about $200 US for the 512
> Mb CFC.  Seems to work great, but I haven't tried anything too tricky
> - records in stereo and plays back four tracks without breaking a
> sweat.
>
> I didn't see the same part number (CFH512EHG) listed at all on the
> 'USA' version of the Pretec catalog link that Gunnar Backman posted.
>
> I purchased mine by calling the company as they preferred taking the
> credit card info over the phone.
>
> Pretec Customer Services / Presales Information
> 9AM to 5PM PST Mon-Fri.
> Phone: 510-440-0535. (U.S. only).
> I asked for the 512 Mb CompactFlash with Hitachi SAH05 ATA Controller
> (CFH512EHG).  I had it in a few days.  My display now shows 96 minutes
> of sampling time available...
>
> BTW You can transfer files from the CFC to the computer and back to
> the card by instering the CFC into a USB reader.  It sees the CFC as a
> USB device and building a loop library is as simple as drag & drop....
>
> Dan

Tom Griesgraber
www.thossounds.com
760-942-1031