RE: AW: CFC Speeds for Repeater

I can't offer advice on the best deal - but my understanding is that you
need to purchase a CFC with the Hitachi controller, and Pretec is
charging a premium for it .  I recently paid about $200 US for the 512
Mb CFC.  Seems to work great, but I haven't tried anything too tricky -
records in stereo and plays back four tracks without breaking a sweat.

I didn't see the same part number (CFH512EHG) listed at all on the 'USA'
version of the Pretec catalog link that Gunnar Backman posted.

I purchased mine by calling the company as they preferred taking the
credit card info over the phone.

Pretec Customer Services / Presales Information
9AM to 5PM PST Mon-Fri.
Phone: 510-440-0535. (U.S. only).

I asked for the 512 Mb CompactFlash with Hitachi SAH05 ATA Controller
(CFH512EHG).  I had it in a few days.  My display now shows 96 minutes
of sampling time available...

BTW You can transfer files from the CFC to the computer and back to the
card by instering the CFC into a USB reader.  It sees the CFC as a USB
device and building a loop library is as simple as drag & drop....

Dan