RE: the impermanence of looping

Hello Dennis and all loopsters,

On certain days when I am inspired and a good groove becomes a loop, then a
masterpiece in my practice room :), I often wished I had run the 4-track to
capture the moment. But lately I've learned to "let it all fade to feedback
and decay"...

A few months back there was an article in Guitar Player written by David
Torn, who spoke about this subject. Letting loops "go" and not be recorded.

He basically stated that the process would allow you the motivation to "do
it again" and improve, and also at the same time (for beginners) to get
more
familiar with their gear and learn it better as well.

This is true, as I have seen an improvement in my loops/playing in the 6
month period from June 04 through Dec 04. This is helping me become more
confident in wanting to live loop at an open mike. (sometime soon, yes !)

Peace.

Ed in NJ