Re: Re: EchoplexDP Plus: "tick-tick-tick" noise problem

At 15:22 26/01/05, you wrote:
>     When I use the half speed function, it affects the noise: it is
>played
>half-speed as well.

because it's recorded in the loop?

what happens if the noise appears while you're in halfspeed?

>     I changed the power cable, and tried to plug nothing to the EDP: so I
>looped silence; but the noise still appears in this case.
>     I must specify that if the noise seems to appear in a random way,
>once
>it's here it's recorded in the loop: it comes back regularly within the
>loop.
>
>I guess no outside factor causes this problem, right?
>Is it serious, doctor?

Could be the memory playing up,
try MoreLoops=16 and see if the problem only occurs on some loops.
if so, then it's the memory at fault.

Could still be external though, you won't totally rule that out by just
changing rooms.
(could be a mains spike caused by heating, or your neighbours' overused
washing machine).

andy butler