Re: Switch Blade (was: Re: Mixer Board Stood On Its Head)

Funny this topic should come up, because I've been on the lookout for
3-way switchers for a while, ever since I incorporated mandolin into
my gig with the celtic band I play with. I have to switch between
acoustic, mandolin, and electric guitar during every gig. For the sake
of levelling the levels, I run everything into an A/B/Y switch right
now (and unplug one of the instruments to plug into the electric as
needed), but I've been looking for an easier way.

I'd actually considered getting a second A/B switch and feeding that
into the B input of the 'main' A/B switch. But now, it looks like
there are more options.

In addition to the Lehle 3@1 pedal, I also found an A/B/C switch by a
company called Audiotech. It looks like they are kinda like the Midi
Solutions of the audio world. They have A/B/Y switchers, A/B/C
switchers (that also allow you to combine any of the three signals),
A/B/C/D switchers, 1x2, 1x3, 1x4 passive splitter/mixers and some
other stuff that might be right up the alley of people around here.

I've got a question into them regarding an option they have for the
A/B/C switch, so we'll see what kind of service they provide before a
sale.

Their website is www.audiotechusa.com (which is actually a redirect to
audiotechusa.homestead.com).

At less than half the price of the Lehle 3@1, this might be what
you're looking for, Per.

If I get one, I'll report back with a review.

Cheers,

Jon Southwood