Re: Chinese Slave Labor (was Re: say no to urban skydiving Re:AW: Aunti Behringer)

>Not one to usually indulge in off-topic discourse. You however are
>correct. Might we allow for the separation of religion/culture from
>the real essence of the Divine? One rarely has anything to do with
>the other.

I'm afraid I don't agree--or I misunderstand what you're saying. And
I say this as someone who studies religion and culture for a living.
What you write seems to presuppose that the "real essence" (which is
another term I either don't understand or, more likely, don't accept)
of the divine has nothing to do with the historical context(s) in
which it appears. And from my perspective, that's an unnecessary and
misleading distinction.  You can elaborate (if you want), or we can
drop it (if we want), or we can take it to private discussion, if you
or anyone else is interested.

Jeff