labor, shmabor, here's the real issue Re: Chinese Slave Labor (wasRe: say no to urban skydiving Re: AW: Aunti Behringer)

"billions of men who can't get laid and have nuclear weapons scare me."

Not as much as they scare the Tibetans. Yes, sometimes I have to break
down and buy a product from "China Incorporated," but to keep myself
honest, I just remind myself that I am, in a way, buying into the 50-year
rape of Tibet, among other things. To me, this is an even bigger deal than
the sweatshop issue.

One of my friends verbally assailed me for my Amnesty International
membership, saying it was a culturally imperialist conceit to apply
Western standards to Asia, to which I replied "What utter bullshit! Are
you implying that an Asian person does not feel pain?!?  You wouldn't be
talking this smug "realpolitik" crap if it was YOU being abused!"
Then I took a deep breath and FELT MUCH BETTER (LOL)
(To be consistent, let me also say that ALL of those responsible for the
Abu Ghraib/Guantanamo horrors should have the proverbial book thrown at
them. They have brought shame to my country and I hate them for it.)
~Tim