RE: Chinese Slave Labor

I once lived for 3 months with a Tribe in Northan Thailand. They would get
up late, the women went to a small factory that made Plastic "Widgets",
the
men did a bit of farming / goat tending, there was usually pig to eat,
around a roaring fire, as everyone danced clapped and played music,
drinking
and smoking, and having a great time, every night! I came back home after
while to find myself on a tube train in London at 7 o'clock in the morning
with backpack and 16mm camera. I was dumbstruck by the men in bowler hats,
and incredibly miserable angst ridden ugly people that surrounded me on
their way to work. It was all I could do to stop myself from screaming
"You're all fucking MAD!!!"

I didnt, and 10 years later, I write this in an office, having come to
work
by T-bahn (Norwegian Tube/Metro/subway). At the moment the way that we
treat
our poorer nations is abominable, I myself farm out a lot of simple boring
projects to an Indian "partner" that I have in my company... They are
CHEAP... and work hard... and to a very high standard. We cannot avoid
this
dichotomy, but we must be aware of it. Dont complain, when you next go to
Goa, and complain.. "It more expensive than in '78,  then you used to be
able to live for a week on a dollar!"

...just rambling.. so some SPAM instead:

I just released a CD/card on synesthetic recordings here in Norway, its
called FISH! and you can get details of it and all my prevous CDR releases
here www.markfrancombe.com

AND (will remind closer to the date) I will be performing live over the
internet on ResonanceFM (on the dial in London www.resonancefm.com the
rest
of the world) on the 10th of Feb. I will be "Jammin" with  Midori Hirano
in
Tokyo (curently with an ep out with Soundz from Nowhere), John Kannenberg
(from the Stasisfield mp3/CDR label) in the US
For more info heres the resonance page
http://www.resonancefm.com/listings/20050210.html. The system is a file
sharing and looping program, developed by Furthurnoise.com. We all upload
mp3 files beforehand, and on the night we interact with each other. I have
never met these people, but we are emailing a few suggestions back and
forth... should be fun... be great if some of you can listen!

Mark

www.markfrancombe.com