Guitar synth... Was: RE: Boss Octave Pedal

Forgive me if this was already touched on, so many posts today.

I understand if a played want sot use their own favorite guitar and not
switch instruments. I haven't said much yet but after years of using a
Roland GR300 and casio midi guitar the past year I got a Roland VG8 and
have to say it's tracking is beyond superb. I have it on one of my old
Ibanez guitars but you coudl mount the GK2 pickup on any instrument
including an acoustic. You will find no better polyphonic tracking
instrument that can simulate bass guitar, bass synth, Bass, guitar(s),
guitar synth etc.

Personally I am not overwhelmned by all the "virtual" guitar models,
pickups, amps, emclosures, etc. However as a tool with many sounds, easy
to get to for live use, and *playable* with amazing senstivity it is the
best instrument I've used on guitar. I haven't put it into my live gig rig
yet but I have a feeling when I do I'll be simplifying and changing my
thinking a LOT.

You can mix your original guitar signal and the VG signal with thepickup
controls on the instrument so there's no need to give up anything you
currently have. Play guitar and loop it, play "bass" and loop it, play
donkeys braying and loop it. Done :)

I have the VG8EX version which I got used for a song. You can get an
extremely good bargain for that or the original VG8 now that the VG88 is
out and silly people feel they need the "next big thing" (tm).

HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.HelpWantedProductions.com
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.