From: Brian [mailto:Brian@porterresearch.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 2:02 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Boss Octave Pedal

I have to assume some people on this list use the Boss Octave pedal in
their
looping setups, to achieve "bass guitar" sounds.  To those of you that
do....do you like it?  what do you think of the tracking?  I'd like to get
the EH Pog, but can't justify nearly $400 for an octave pedal (especially
after just buying an EDP), so I was wondering if the Boss pedal is "good
enough."  I want to use it with my Taylor 814 and my Gibson Les Paul,
(i.e..
with acoustic and electric instruments).  I think I'm most curious as to
how
well it tracks with acoustic guitars to simulate a bass.  Any feedback
would
be greatly appreciated.

Brian