Re: Boss Octave Pedal

     Brian,

     I use the Boss PS-5, which has 5 different settings of pitch shift
effects, one of them being
a pitch shift up or down by as much as two octaves (2nds, 3rds, 4ths,
5ths, octaves and double
octaves).  It doesn't glitch, doesn't have latency problems, handles
chords just fine, and sounds
relatively awesome.  By shifting up an octave or two, you get a pretty
decent 12 string kinda
sound, expecially with judicious use of the wet/dry mix knob.  The octave
down really does work
well.  It actually gets pretty beefy.  The only downside is that it costs
$130 new (if you know
where to look, $150 to $200 if you don't).  The upside is that it's small,
has the familiar Boss
DC power in, sounds great on an acoustic guitar, has both mono and stereo
out, 5 different
functions including intelligent shifting and detuning, and 4 controller
knobs (1 of them
concentric) controlling way more than any pedal in its right mind should
really try to do.  For
all that it does it deserves to be the size of an Electrix rack mount.
Huh, now there's an
idea...

         Stephen

<<I have to assume some people on this list use the Boss Octave pedal in
their looping setups, to
achieve "bass guitar" sounds.  To those of you that do....do you like it?
what do you think of
the
tracking?  I'd like to get the EH Pog, but can't justify nearly $400...>>
(snip)