OT - Items for sale - anybody seen this?

hello all,

i have had some items up for sale recently through The Recycler, which
traditionally has been a great way to buy and sell items locally or
connect with fellow musicians.  It was always a printed piece until a few
years ago when they went online, as well as printing the paper each week.

Since advertising with them recently, I have gotten three replies from
European countries who are seeing the ads on the web.  However, the
replies are ALL worded almost exactly the same, even though they are from
different sources.  This smells of something rotten, to me...kindof like
those hoax mails you get about "I am the recipient of a multi-million
dollar family trust and I need your help in dispersing it".

Anyway, here is the text of the last reply.  Has anybody seen these?  Are
they malicious?

"Hello,
Ê I saw yourÊ AdvertÊÊ over the web and am much interested in buying it. I
live here in the Germany, I will be responsible for the shippment down to
my location, so please kindly write me backwith your last offering price.
And i will also need some recent pictures of it , I will like to know the
condition and please let me know if it is still availableÊ . I am Looking
forward to your soonest reply"

As I said, I got replies from Italy (address no longer active when I
replied w/ pics), and another this morning from Canada (haven't heard
back).

this third one worded the exact same way was what pricked up my ears.

sorry for the off topic...I'm just curious now.

And if any of Y'ALL are interested, you can still have a crack at these!
I'd rather sell to someone on list...(Ted...how's the Nanoverb?)

Korg ES-1 groovebox w/ 32mb SM card.  $225
Guyatone FLIP VT-X Vintage Tube Tremolo stompbox.  $120
and...
Maxon AD999 Analog Delay stompbox.  $330

All of these items are mint and very low hours, with original packaging,
adapters, manuals, etc.  I'd expect shipping to be about $10 each item,
with insurance, maybe a couple of bucks more for the Korg box.

buy now....you are getting very sleepy....buy now....you know you want
it....buy now....

hehe.
best,
rich