Boomerang Hiss!

    Hey everybody,
    I'm doing looping, primarily with a bass guitar, sometimes an electric
guitar, using a Boomerang pedal.  When I do little gigs through a PA, the
hiss usually isn't that bad; it's there, but I can work around it.
However,
when I run through the Boomerang into my bass rig, there is a LOT of hiss.
    I've tried everything I can think of, but I can't find a setting where
the hiss isn't a big problem.  I don't have a "smiley face" EQ or a lot of
trebble, and there's very little compression on my amp.
    I'd really like to incorperate looping into my shows with duo's and
trio's, but that noise is just too much coming from a rig with that much
power.  Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    -Jonathan
    http://www.badspatula.com