Re: Multi track editing question

Why is Vegas not the tool for this? I'm not sitting in front of it, but I
assume
there is a way to generate individual audio files from a portion of the
original...

I have used it doing something similar with 8 tracks from ADAT, although I
didn't physically delete the non-used audio... I loaded up my Vegas
project for
a given ADAT tape, did a 'save as' for the first track, edited out what I
didn't want, and saved the new project... rinse and repeat for each new
track... so, I had like 5-10 projects per tape, which all used the same
audio
files... at this point I made a backup of the audio files and the Vegas
projects on to CD, and then proceeded to do the edits, etc...

peace
-cpr