Re: Using backgrounds live

On Jan 2, 2005, at 2:12 PM, samba - wrote:

>   Bootsy Collins of Funkadekic fame used to have this big star shaped
> bass with flashing LED fret markers which ,at the start of the show,
> would come on while the bass sat in it's stand,then the onboard tape
> deck would come on and anounce him,and he and his costume would make
> an entrance. God thing he didn't need to apply for grants.,as for
> foster grants or ray bans,those were star shaped too.

yes but ray-bans and classical music?  it wouldn't stop you from
getting a grant.  i'm too r&r to get a grant and never applied for one
although i have been given money for particular music projects.  hope
no one thinks i'm fishing for grants.  oh shit, i profess to say i
don't care what anyone thinks.  guess i do but not too much to get in
the way of notes.

foster grants really suck.  i was in the sunglass business for two
years as a buyer and merchandiser.  to me it was better than playing in
a top 40 band.
Larry Cooperman
New Millennium Guitar
http://www.newmillguitar.com