Afterglow Playlist for December 27, 2004.

http://soundscapes.us/afterglow/playlists/2004/041227.html

Afterglow is where I present an eclectic mix of genres with an emphasis on
Progressive Rock.

If you or your band have a version of the Genesis song, Afterglow, send
it to me
and I will consider using it to start the program.  If I use it, the
band gets a
link on the Afterglow web site!

I also host The AM/FM Show every other Saturday morning and will be there
on
Saturday, January 8.

Listen to WMUH right now at
rtsp://helix.muhlenberg.edu:554/broadcast/live.rm

                    Show #117                    December 27, 2004

This was not a regular show.  I was filling in on a vacationing
student's Monday
afternoon shift, from 4 to 6 pm.  I called this show, "A Little Trip"
after the
Vinyl Kings CD (and song) of the same name.  I welcome these occaisional
opportunities to fill in because they allow me to stretch beyond my
normal format,
expose people to progressive rock in a more subtle manner, and play
other kinds of
music that I enjoy.  Obviously, I featured "A Little Trip" by the Vinyl
Kings.

4:00 am (Phase I: An Eclectic Mix of Genres)

ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
===================================
Vinyl Kings             A Little Trip            A Little Trip (Vinyl
Kings Records)
Robert Berry            Roundabout               Tales from Yesterday
(Magna Carta)
Stewart and Gaskin      Walking the Dog          Spin (Ryko)
Throat Culture          Easter Island Head       Acappella Head (none)
The Beatles             Think for Yourself       Rubber Soul (Parlophone)
Vinyl Kings             I Think I Know           A Little Trip (Vinyl
Kings Records)
Jellyfish               That Is Why              Bellybutton (Charisma)

4:30 am (Phase II: Progressive Rock)

ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
===================================
Don Dorsey              Seven Bagatelles Op. 33  Beethoven or Bust (Telarc)
                          No. 7 in A flat Major; Presto
Wayne Lytle             Harmonic Voltage         Animusic (Animusic)
Erik Norlander          Fanfare for Absent       Seas of Orion (Quantum)
                          Friends
Klaatu                  Cherie                   Sir Army Suit (Bullseye)
Vinyl Kings             Here We Go Again         A Little Trip (Vinyl
Kings Records)
Spirit                  Love Has Found A Way     12 Dreams of Dr.
Sardonicus (Epic)
Spirit                  Why Can't I Be Free      12 Dreams of Dr.
Sardonicus (Epic)
Ian Boddy and           Presence                 Pure (DiN)
  Markus Reuter

5:00 am (More Phase II: Progressive Rock)

ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
===================================
Toy Matinee             Things She Said          Toy Matinee (Reprise)
Porcupine Tree          Blackest Eyes            In Absentia (Lava)
Spock's Beard           Climbing Up That Hill    Octane (InsideOut)
Spock's Beard           Letting Go               Octane (InsideOut)
Yes                     And You And I            Closer to the Edge
(Atlantic)

5:30 am

ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
===================================
The Band                The Weight               Music from Big Pink
(Capitol)
Paul McCartmey          Uncle Albert/Admiral     Ram (Capitol)
                          Halsey
Paul McCartmey          Heart of the Country     Ram (Capitol)
The Beatles             Tomorrow Never Knows     Revolver (Parlophone)
Vinyl Kings             Leave This Town          A Little Trip (Vinyl
Kings Records)
Vinyl Kings             Mind Over Matter         A Little Trip (Vinyl
Kings Records)
The Rembrandts          Sweet Virginia           Untitled (Atco)

6:00 pm

 * = exerpt
VA = Various Artists (compilation)

Bill
==========================================================================================================
Host of Afterglow every Thursday at 8:00 am EST (GMT-5:00).
Phase 1: Mixed bag of acoustic, electric, pop, or New Age.
Phase 2: Progressive rock from past masters to contemporary releases.
Web Site - http://soundscapes.us/afterglow
Listen on-line to WMUH Allentown, 91.7 FM at
http://www.muhlenberg.edu/wmuh  and click the REAL AUDIO link
or go directly to rtsp://helix.muhlenberg.edu:554/broadcast/live.rm
The progdj list solves that problem.

The progdj list is the place to go in order to see  playlists  and  CD
and  concert  reviews  by  DJs  of
progressive rock-friendly radio programs.    Anyone interested in seeing
playlists can join.   There is NO
SPAM because I keep the spammers out before the members ever see any
hint of it.

The progdj list is for DJs (obviously!) and band members, record label
personnel, promoters, managers, and
anyone else interested in seeing what gets played on the air.   Need to
find who is playing  prog  on  the
radio?  Go to the progdj list.