Question for Echoplex experts.

I just purchased an Echoplex. I upgraded, or at least added from an RC
20. What Im interested in figuring out is this. I would like to
incorporate different instruments into my performances. Bass, possibly
some percussion of some kind. However, with one Echoplex I am limited
to just one channel of the mixing board. Is adding a second echoplex
the answer? It seems the manual is telling me they can be synced up via
Midi. So conceivably one loop on one machine will tell the other how
long a cycle and other parameters as well. In other words, can I play a
loop on one machine, then switch to bass and   add to the loop on the
other machine and they sync up? Will multiply also work? My mind is
spinning with possibilities here. Any info would help.
Thanks and Merry Christmas.
Chris