Re: your signal chain?

I've had too many routing schemes to think about over the years.  The
Loopers Delight community was instrumental in helping me explore those
schemes - from dummy-loaded tube amps to laptops.  Lately, I've settled
in a place that is unconventional, but is working for me:

4 space rack with:
UA-1000 USB 2.0 10x10 audio interface
2 Echoplex Digital Pros
Tripp Lite rack mount power supply

The EDPs, and various other things, are controlled via an FCB1010
footpedal.

Acoustic guitar, vox, mic'd percussion and other devices come into the
UA-1000 and then into my laptop.  I also mic my electric guitar
amplifier, and bring that in as a mono signal.  Using Ableton Live, I
bring all those signals in, and send anything I want into the EDPs using
the Send/Return capabilities of Live.  I also have been experimenting
with various VST loopers within Live - I like Elottronix XL the best.
Finally, I trigger VST synths occasionally via my FCB1010 (basically,
bass pedal and pad stuff) or with a Radium49 USB MIDI controller
keyboard (rarely, cause I SUCK at keys)! :)

So, although I've integrated the EDPs into my guitar amp (fx loop)
before, I'm now treating "looping" independently of my electric &
acoustic guitars and other sound sources.  This has freed me up to have
a simple routing scheme for my guitar (usually just guitar->cord->amp).
Also, the output of the rack goes into JBL EON powered speakers, and
this sounds fantastic, even though any looped electric guitar comes out
of them (vs. my guitar amp).

On a semi-related note - anyone used those Gracie stand-up guitar
stands?  Do they get the job done?  I'm considering one for my acoustic,
so that I can just step up and play it, but leave my electric strapped
on.  Alex Lifeson would be so proud.

Working on a two-piece eclectic "band" right now.  We have a few Beck
and Flaming Lips covers going that sound awesome.  "The Spiderbite Song"
and "A Spoonful Weighs a Ton" are my new obsessions.

Dig