you want altered tone? Re: Vortex and other devices that alter your tone

To reiterate one of my previous posts, the most sonic deconstruction for
the dollar is the Alesis Bitrman. It's a little bigger than a pack of cigs,
and it offers ring modulation, frequency modulation (who else offers
that?), bit reduction, and other mind-altering FX, plus more
prosaic-but-useful stuff like compression and better-than-nothing
distortion, and you can change the order of effects... and Musician's
Friend was blowing them out for $49.95 (list about $100).

This family of effects (ModFX) tends to blow up for no apparent reason, but
they are GREAT FUN, and Alesis is great about taking care of you...just
register your unit with them when you get it, assuming Musician's Friend
has any left.

~Tim Mungenast
www.mungenast.com
www.cdbaby.com/mungenast