captured

I just received a copy of <captured>, the new album of London based
guitarist and fellow looper Simeon Harris. This is the most beautiful
soundscape album I've heard in quite a while, maybe since Leander
Reininghaus's incredible Starscapes space music album.

Most tracks feature broad orchestral sweeps of heavily Eventide treated
guitar, some of them over minimalist patterns or drum/bass rhythms. An
album
of delicate and beautiful sounds and dense haunting and uplifting
atmospheres. Definitely recommended! (sound samples and more info at
http://www.simeonharris.co.uk)

Michael Peters
www.michaelpeters.de