Re: Solo Jazz Looping on WEFT Radio

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Smart" <mwsmart@insightbb.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2004 11:48 AM
Subject: Solo Jazz Looping on WEFT Radio

> If you are somewhere near Champaign, Illinois and can pick up WEFT
> radio (90.1 FM), I will be playing an hour solo set of jazz looping
> tomorrow night (Monday, December 6th) from 10-11pm Central Time. I'll
> get a recording and post some tracks on my web site if they sound
> good.
>
> Mark Smart

Hi all.
The WEFT performance went very well, and I got a good recording of it. I
like the recording so much that I'm thinking of editing it
a little and making CDs to sell. I posted the full-length take of "Shiny
Stockings" at the bottom of the page:

http://www.marksmart.net/gearhack/jazzpedalboard/jazzpedalboard.html#weft

I think you can hear how it has improved since I recorded the other mp3
two years ago. I worked out much easier fingerings for the
melody, and now with the Echoplex I can do a tag and a "Count Basie"
ending.

Some nice re-tuning in mid-song there. I kept trying to tune between
songs, and the host would ask me questions to avoid "dead air"
so I couldn't finish tuning. Next time I think I'll sample the music from
"Jeopardy" into the RC-20 and let that play while I'm
tuning! Or maybe record the bass and drums in, then let that run while I
tune silently. Too bad I didn't think of that before...good
trick for next time.

Mark Smart
http://www.marksmart.net/