Re: baffling EDP & All Access problem

Matthew F. McCabe wrote:
> Claude,
>
> I used a MIDI monitor as you suggested and confirmed that the All Access
> is not sending any MIDI data on the EDP's channel.  Another LD member
> emailed me privately, no doubt for fear of reprisals, and said he has
> had similar problems.  Perhaps I've stumbled upon a
> bug....errr...undocumented feature of the EDP.  Maybe Kim will chime in
> and set us all straight.

I'm going out on a limb here, but its impossible for the EDP to start
recording again unless it is being sent SOMETHING.

You say "not sending MIDI data on the EDP's defined channel".  So are
some messages being sent, just not on the EDP channel?  What are they?
Does one of them look like a Record command, but on a different channel?

 From what I remember of the AA, you can cause the state of the instant
access switches to be stored in each preset, which will then be sent
whenever the preset is selected.   This is useful for toggle switches
that control things like an effects unit, but is not what you want
for momentary switches controlling the EDP.  Make sure you have
not stored switch state in the AA preset.  I forget what AA calls this,
you need to configure the switches as "momentary" rather than "toggle".

Jeff