Re: Mixing setups for looping

CHRISROVER@aol.com wrote:

> I've been experimenting with a switchable patch bay (ProCo) to reroute
> the output from Looper A to B and vice versa (without repatching) for
> some interesting performance options. Feedback loops pose a problem
> though since they also alter the basic sound (unwanted phase shifting).
>
> A mixer with several sends would seem to solve a lot of issues related
> to looping more than one source or looping with one or more devices.
> Routing and keeping your basic noiselevel to a minimum are
> definitively calling for some creative solutions. The only Rackmixer
> around (that I'm aware) of is an older Roland. However it is quite
> noisy and not in production anymore.

For me, the ideal mixer for looping or electronic music does not exist.
The ideal mixer would have 16 stereo channels, each with 16 stereo
effect sends.  (I might even settle for 8 and 8.)  There are more
features needed but, as you can see, they are moot since there aren't
any mixers with that many effect sends... not to mention that sends are
mono in mixers that we can afford.

Cheers,

Bill