RE: Robert Fripp's Radiophonics and A Blessing of Tears

> My contention is basically that every song sounds so similar to me,
> and there is no real interesting melody work to give each song an
> identity of its own. I'm sure Fripp would beg to differ, but as a
> listener, I'm not drawn to any particular song as having a unique or
> strong musical fingerprint or personality. It sounds like
> stereotypical synth ambient music to me.

but he should give up the synth.

>> I did.

>>Worked for me.

Very interesting comment, David.  I'd like to see your elaboration on
this.  I think I know where you are going with it. I gave up the synth
as well, several years ago....the hex-pickup variety that is. I still
use a synth-like algorithm in my effect unit...but for the most part I
try to get all I can out of the natural guitar sound and effect
alterations.

Kris

--
* David Beardsley