RE: Dream Looping Venues?

The 'gherkin' looks incredible,  Steve.    I wish I could have heard you
and
Theo improvising
there.   Say hi to him for me, please.

Here's an URL to take a look at the venue:
http://www.cabinetmagazine.org/phallic/uncircumcised.php

As long as we're dreaming,    I'd love to play:

1)   the Taj Mahal  (which has a 19 second reverberation) in India.   If
you
haven't heard the placid and beautiful "Inside"  by Paul Horn on flute,
you
owe it to yourself to hear this wonderful space.
So reverberant that anything highly syncopated would be mush.

2)  the Oracle at Delphi:  one of the most beautiful greek ampitheatres in
beautiful mountain setting.

3)  Also,  when I was a boy my family lived in Tripoli, Libya where there
is
an incredibly well preserved Roman ampitheatre at Leptis Magna right by
where the Sahara desert comes to the Mediterranean Sea.    It is so dry
there that it is much better preserved than the Roman architecture on most
of the European side of the Mediterranean.
http://www.caravanserai-tours.com/images/libya/theatre2.jpg
It is also exquisitely beautiful because of the white marble of the
ampitheatre and surrounded by the white sand of the desert against the
impossible blue of the Mediterranean.

It's been so long since I was there, but I remember it's beauty vividly.
Now that Libya is normalizing relationships with the US,  my dream is to
get
a grant to go record the music of the mendicant tribes of the Sahara in
Libya.    This music has never been documented (to my knowledge) and the
rumor is that
Khadafy has really suppressed the Tuaregs and other mendicant tribespeople
of the desert.

The First Libyan Live Looping Festival......................I like
it..................time to get my portable looping rig in order.