Re: repeater digital output

On Oct 31, 2004, at 15:40, Tim Nelson wrote:

> I'm not sure, but I suspect that'd just be stereo
> unless you used some sort of multichannel interface in
> between the units.

I'm sure, though, since I've tried exactly that - and it's only two
channels, stereo.

> I don't currently own a laptop, so I'm
> still in the exploratory stages, but what I'm thinking
> would be useful would be some sort of multitrack
> sequencer to play back these short, looped wav files,
> with a breakout box that would allow me to send the
> various tracks to different channels so that they
> could be processed individually.
>
> Can anyone point me towards a good online resource for
> this sort of info?

How about this mailing list? AFAIK we're quite a lot of laptop users
here! You might have look at Ableton Live as a suitable software since
it is multitrack, has faders and a simple "midi learn" way of mapping
external midi faders. Most questions about multi out/input laptop sound
cards and break-out boxes  has been discussed at the Live forum and
with the forum search function you can scan it for specific
information. http://www.ableton.com/forum/

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
---